Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Seduction Socks

Now that the Monkeys are done, I promised that I would go back to working on the baby blanket...and I did...for a little while. Then my thoughts started to wander to my next pair of socks. I went through my notebook of patterns and ran across the Seduction Socks from Interweave Knits (Ann Budd pattern). Once I decided on the pattern, I had to get into my stash and decide on the yarn. I ran across a yarn I purchased earlier this year. This is a yarn that I believe is discontinued - Froehlich Wolle Special Blauband...made in Switzerland. I had bought some of their yarn several years ago and fell in love with it, so when one of the local yarn shops obtained a "lot" of it, I jumped on the chance to purchase more. The thing I really liked about it was that matching reinforcing thread was included with each skein; of course, that is once I figured out what the thread was for...took me awhile. So the color I'm working with is a royal blue with with a ply of variegated pink and white thread running through it...gives it some nice texture and I'm using size 2 needles.
By the way...note that I now have sock forms! I purchased these on line at Ebay from CHAPPY'S FIBER ARTS AND CRAFTS. They are oak with cute little acorns cut out on top...next set of pictures, I'll include a full size picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sock, Rasa! I've yet to use any of the Froelich I purchased.(Or any of the Knitpicks Tweed, or any of the Opal...)
The forms look good:)

Jean said...

Oooh, pretty!